Brett D. Lieberman
Brett D Lieberman, Esq. is a goal-oriented attorney. Mr. Lieberman helps clients find solutions to sophisticated business challenges. He serves clients in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and surrounding areas.
Mr. Lieberman practices with relentless intensity; he vigorously advocates for his clients.
Attorney Brett D Lieberman focuses his practice in the area of distressed business situations. These include representing companies with financial difficulties, professional fiduciaries, and lenders in a variety of circumstances. Mr. Lieberman regularly represents clients in state court liquidations, bankruptcy proceedings, commercial litigation, and out-of-court workouts.
Throughout his career, Mr. Lieberman has prosecuted and defended lawsuits across the spectrum of commercial litigation in both the federal and state arena. Among other engagements, Mr. Lieberman has successfully navigated corporate clients through Chapter 11 reorganizations, has had bad-faith bankruptcy cases dismissed on behalf of creditor clients, and has achieved positive results for clients (plaintiffs and defendants) in avoidance litigation (including fraudulent conveyance and preference actions).
Having earned his Master of Accounting and Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Florida in 2006, attorney Brett D Lieberman went on to receive his Juris Doctorate cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2009. During law school, Mr. Lieberman served as Editor-in-Chief for the University of Florida Entertainment Law Review and received two Book Awards.
Mr. Lieberman is the Immediate Past-President of the Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida and previously sat on its Board of Directors. Mr. Lieberman serves as Chair of the Marketing, Promotions and Sponsorship Committee of the Business Law Section of the Florida Bar. He is also a member of the Receivership and Assignment for Benefit of Creditors sub-committees of the Florida Bar’s Business/UCC Section and chairs its CLE committee. He also served for six years on the Federal Court Practice standing committee of the Florida Bar and annually moderates a table during its signature ‘Judges Roundtable’ event.
Mr. Lieberman has also been recognized as a ‘Rising Star’ by Super Lawyers, as an ‘Up and Comer’ by Florida Trend Magazine and he earned an AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubble.
- Distressed Business Disputes
- Commercial Litigation
- Debtors’ Rights
- Creditors’ Remedies
- Representation of Assignees, Trustees & Receivers
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2009
- Entertainment Law Review – Editor-in-Chief
- Journal of Technology Law and Policy – Member
- University of Florida Fisher School of Accounting, Masters in Accounting 2006
- University of Florida Bachelor of Science in Accounting, 2006
- Florida Bar 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- In re Pena, 2020 WL 5512533 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. Sept. 10, 2020)
- In re Sixty Sixty Condominium Association, Inc., 574 B.R. 773 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. 2017).
- Damerau v. FPH Properties, LLC, 2014 WL 2938488 (Bankr. S.D. Fla. June 30, 2014).
- In re Chung, 2014 WL 11279465 (Bankr. S.D. Fla January 7, 04)
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida – President
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida –First Vice President
- Bankruptcy/UCC Subcommittee of the Business Law Section of the Florida Bar – CLE
- Marketing, Promotions & Sponsorship Committee for the Business Law Section of the Florida Bar – Vice Chair
- Florida Bar Marketing Promotion and Sponsorship Taskforce – Second Vice Chair
- Federal Court Practice Committee of the Florida Bar – Member
- American Bar Association – Member
Select Speaking Engagements
- Small Business Insolvency Tools: Assignments, Bankruptcy and Workouts, Broward County Bar Association, February 2015
- Individual Chapter 11 Cases: Practice, Procedure and Pitfalls, Palm Beach Bar Association, September 2015
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers
- Recognized by Florida Trent’s Legal Elite as and “Up and Comer”
- AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Book Award – Creditors’ Remedies & Bankruptcy 2008
- Book Award – Torts 2006
Contact Brett today by calling (305) 768-9909 .