When a lender finds itself in circumstances where borrowers are in default or the collateral that has been pledged is in jeopardy by bankruptcy or other legal proceedings, a skilled bankruptcy attorney can offer valuable guidance and representation.
Edelboim Lieberman Revah Oshinsky PLLC represents private, asset-based, and hard money lenders in bankruptcy court and outside of bankruptcy court in collections and enforcement actions. With our extensive experience and multidisciplinary law practice, our law firm can provide a wide array of legal assistance and guidance to our lender clients. Our attorneys understand the specific needs of lenders and the challenges that lenders may face, and can apply innovative and effective strategies to face these challenges and assist with our clients’ needs.
In attempting to collect a debt, lenders may face numerous obstacles such as:
- Bankruptcy cases (Chapter 7, Chapter 11, or Chapter 13);
- Challenges to foreclosure of real property;
- Efforts to stop or delay foreclosure;
- Challenges to the enforcement of rights to collateral;
- Attempts to avoid post-foreclosure eviction;
- Challenges to ejectment or unlawful detainer proceedings; and
- Challenges to judgment enforcement, wage garnishment, repossession, or
other post-judgment collection actions.